Saturday, August 09, 2008

That was an adventure

So, I've been wanting to get pictures to finish my photo wall for a while now. I have 5 from last August printed and framed and I had 4 more frames so I could get some of Clara and all 4 kids to mix in.

My friend Kristi told me about some historical gardens that she'd heard about. We planned to go together with our kids yesterday and do some pictures. So I got up, bathed all 4 kids and made them look cute. Glanced outside and saw a nice cloud cover (mid day sun without clouds makes difficult lighting to work with! And with kids you don't have time to worry about the lighting!) and was almost ready to go when Kristi texted me because her daughter had gotten sick. I figured, that's ok, all my kids are ready, we'll go anyway.

Ha.

Nobody bothered to tell me the gardens (which were beautiful) were on the side of a giant hill, and there were a million stone steps (also very cool) but a stroller was useless. I didn't have my sling with me, and I had brought a chair and an umbrella. But do I give you and go home? No.

So I'm carrying Clara and my camera, Nathan has the chair, Aria has the umbrella (in the end I ended up with everything, of course) and Gabe was running up and down the stone steps and I was yelling at him to "STOP YOUR FEET" which he really doesn't listen to anyway, so I don't know why I bother.

Guess what happened next? The sun poked out and it was immediately a million degrees. Mixed with the running and the carrying and the steps...after about 5 seconds we were all red and sweaty.

But...I was on a quest. So I set them up for some pictures. And amidst calls of "HOLD CLARA TIGHTER!" and "we'll get ice cream if you do this for mommy!" and "GABE! SIT DOWN!" we ended up with enough pictures for my wall. They're not the best ever, but they're real and I love their rosy cheeks from the heat. lol.

I do need a bit of help. I printed both of the umbrella pictures, but I still can't decide which one to hang up. Which one would you hang up?

1.


2.


Here are the others.





Clara was done by this time.



Mom, do you want any of these? Let me know and I'll send them to you.

5 comments:

The Buck's said...

I like the first one...it looks like you captured Nathan and Aria in the middle of a conversation...very relaxed.

Kristi said...

Hopefully the massage released any frustration you had with me not telling you that the garden was on a hill, and that I wasn't there to help you carry all that stuff.

Kandace Welch said...

I like the second one a little better, but they're both cute. And the picture of Aria holding Clara... she looks just like you! Very cute, and I love the last picture even if Clara is crying. :)

moxie mama said...

i pick numero uno

Linda said...

For sure I would like some! They are really really cute! Great photographer and cute subjects.:)
You can send me links to the first one and then the last three. Even though Clara is crying it is still cute.