Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Bunny Ears are SO last century

So I don't tie my shoes the normal way. Back in high school, Rachel taught me a much quicker/easier way to tie shoes and I've done it that way since.

I now have a 7 year old and a 5 year old who, until today, couldn't tie their shoes yet. (it's been a big day...they've almost got 2 wheel bikes down too).

Anyway, we've been working on tying shoes off and on for a year or so and I was trying to teach them the traditional bunny ears way and it was just.not.working.

So today, I figured what the heck. I tie my shoes the cool way, why shouldn't they? 10 minutes later, I've got 2 shoes tying kids.

Check it out. You'll be amazed.

5 comments:

The Buck's said...

I just found the method that I am going to use to teach Matthew! Thanks for posting that! :)

Alissa said...

wow... that looks super complicated. abbie taught herself... i think she got tired of waiting for me to teach her.

Lara said...

That is a cool way! I'll have to try it out. Chad and Halle both learned the old fashioned way but get so frustrated.

Lara said...

Just catching up on the running blogs. Way to go! I've haven't been able to motivate myself into running since I had kids!!!!

Stretching tip - before running warm up - walking, stretching, what ever - just so you are actually warm and your muscles all fill used. Stretching is good before but most important after a run to help prevent injuries (at least that is what I hear Chris telling everyone else.) If you have any other technical running question feel free to call my husband!!!

Flutterbug said...

That is the cool way, thanks for sharing!!