Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Day 1 of the C25K

I'll be checking in here. (and here...it's a neat little tool) Partly to keep me honest and partly to ask questions because I know there are voracious runners who read my blog. (side note...have you ever written a word and then had to go look it up in the dictionary to make sure you're using it correctly? I just did that.) Anyway....the run.

It was fun interesting. I did it. My legs were itchy and my feet kinda hurt where the bottom of my toes attach to my feet. Does that mean I need to go visit Mr. Running Shoe Man again?

Are you supposed to stretch before and after? Or just before?

Thanks, Traci, for doing this with me. It's nice to have someone to run pant with.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So I don't know about your feet hurting. I don't think that I have experienced that particular pain. In terms of stretching.....I never really stretch before I run, however I think it would be a good idea to....nothing too vigorous because you are still relatively cold. But I always stretch a lot when I am done. It keeps your hamstrings from becoming too tight, helps with your knees, and makes it so that you aren't so sore the next day.

The Buck's said...

I wouldn't do this for anyone else but you. :) Is it bad that my legs are already starting to get stiff??

moxie mama said...

go misty!
go traci!
you guys are awesome!
runrunrun!

*this is me being your personal cheerleader

Linda said...

I'm impressed!!! Good for you Misty and Traci! Go go go!
I learned from the Personal Fitness trainer on the ship that you should slow jog or quick walk to warm up your muscles and then do your stretching afterwards. About the shoes I would give it maybe two or three days to see if your shoes are just needing worked in but for sure go see the shoe man if it still hurts. Your shoes shouldn't hurt your feet while you run. I don't think anyway.
Good luck and waht a good example to your family you will be.:)

Sorensen said...

I hate running too. Good luck!