Saturday, August 09, 2008

Lightning Storm

I've been waiting and waiting for an opportunity to shoot some lighting pictures, but havn't really had much chance. I can't exactly go chasing storms with all my kids, so I had to wait for one to come to me.

My friend, Kristi, is in massage therapy school and came over with her table last night. (and let me tell you, if you don't have a friend in Massage Therapy school, you are missing.out. Hello! Free massages!) Anyway, I opened the door and CRACK! Lightning. It was flashing really often and there was no rain (or even thunder for a while, which was eerie) so I grabbed my tri-pod and set it up on the front porch.

Several 30 second exposures later....





A rocking summer storm followed by a massage. It was a good night.

8 comments:

Kristi said...

I really like what you did with the second picture. Lightning storms are fun.

Lara said...

The pictures look a lot better than the actual lightening. I didn't like that storm!!!!

Anonymous said...

those are really cool!!

Sorensen said...

Those pictures are awesome! Your kids are getting so grown up. Aria looks like a little lady now. It is crazy how fast that happens.

Smelly Moose said...

I LOVE these pictures! We really enjoyed watching the lightning too!

Linda said...

Great pictures! I only like lightening in pictures.

Kaylene said...

OH I'm jealous! I'm never paying enough attention...

Sharon said...

I LOVE these photos! Wish I could have been there to experience that in person.