Thursday, August 07, 2008

c25k - day 2

Check.

I need a new mantra. Ever since high school, (aka: the last time I ran on any sort of regular basis, thanks to PE) when I ran I would think to the rhythm of my feet. I'd count with my breathing (in-2-3-4, out-2-3-4) or I'd chant things in my head. Today, even though it was easier than I was expecting, I still had to keep stopping my self from chanting "not fun not fun not fun" as my feet hit the track.

So give me a new mantra.

And funny story...a couple of ladies were walking slowly around the track and as we came up behind them one said to the other "watch out, there are some fast walkers behind us". We all laughed and it so happened that right as we passed them it was time to start a running stretch. As we took off this conversation ensued.

Lady 1: Show offs!
(laughter)
Traci: We're just trying to lose the baby weight!
Lady 2: So am I! And my baby is 44!
Lady 1: Mine is 21!

So there you have it. Apparently losing baby weight is a life long process. :)

6 comments:

The Buck's said...

Um, no, losing our baby weight is going to be a 9 week process...there is no way I am staying this heavy for 20 + years! :)

Misty said...

lol. I'm with ya. ;)

The Mac Attack said...

I spell random words. And play songs in my head. Its very entertaining sometimes. Mostly cause I laugh at myself cause its kinda lame.

Anonymous said...

LOL Hilarious!! I recite my to do list in my head. I listen to my Ipod for about 1/2 my run then it bugs me so I just say "go to the tree" over and over then pick something else once I'm there.

Pemberton Family said...

This may sound dumb but I talk to myself outloud when I am running (as long as there is no one around) and I talk about what my life is going to be like next year or in 5 years or whatever. Stupid I know but I love making up stories of what I could be doing in the future!! Before i know it the run is over!

Conlin Family said...

Congrats on the running Misty! I'm not much of a runner myself and running on a track in high school during p.e. was the worst!!
Good luck! It feels great afterwards doesn't it?!