Thursday, March 09, 2006

There's nothing left to eat!

Ugh...Gabe is allergic to something. Or maybe everything. Not sure yet. I have completely eliminated all things dairy and wheat from my diet. I'm about to add nuts and soy to the list. His poor cheeks are so red and he spits up so much!

So, why is it that I can eat like this when it's his health at stake and not for my own? Let's see...things I can no longer eat.

Ice Cream
Chocolate
Bread
Donuts
Pancakes
Peanut Butter
Granola Bars
Tomato Soup (did you know it has wheat in it? I didn't either)
Pasta
Tortillas
Cheese
Brownies
Cake
Sour Cream
Cream Cheese
Bagels
Muffins
Anything pre-packaged

and the list goes on and on... Tonight I had Spaghetti Squash with organic Marinara Sauce and steamed broccoli. Fortunately, I'm losing weight. At least there's something good coming out of this.

9 comments:

emlouisa said...

My ds has red cheeks but it's just genetic. Someone at church last week asked me if he had Fifth's Disease. Um, no. Thanks though.

Good luck finding the culprit!

Lee said...

WOW, I am so sorry. You can have rice cakes.. tasty huh?

Good luck!!

Misty said...

Em, my brothers have red cheeks, so I've wondered if it could be genetic, but it changes in intensity and it doesn't really look like my brothers. :P

Rachelle said...

Oh I hope you figure it out soon. That is no fun at all!

lackrik said...

No brownies!!!! man. that's rough. ;)

I'm sorry!

Alicia said...

I'm going to think of some of the things I ate when I did that with Fat Girl and pass them on...I got quite good at eating dairy-free. I wasn't eating wheat-free, though. Good luck...you're doing great!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Food allergies...that's rough!

How are you guys doing settling into Spokane? I hope all is going well!

Traci

QueenMeadow said...

I'm sorry, that sucks! I did make wheat free brownies once though. I can dig up some recipes if you'd like. ((hugs)), allergies are horrible.

Misty said...

Traci - we're doing well, I'll shoot you an email later today and fill you in! :)