Friday, March 24, 2006

I'm tired

I read a book when I was a little girl. I don't remember what book it was, but I remember that one character wanted to know what someone was saying about her when she wasn't around. Somehow she was granted the ability to know and then she regretted it. Not only was she hurt by what was said, but she realized that she only had control over herself and her own actions. All she could do was treat others (whether they were there or not) the way she wanted to be treated. No good comes from knowing who's gossiping about you and what they're saying.

Yesterday was a long day and in the midst of that long day, I was asked to give a talk in church on Spirituality and Witnesses for God. So, I'll be working on that for the next couple days. I tend to talk too fast, so I need to come up with a lot of material to cover 15 minutes! Ack! Oh, and it's just me. Dave doesn't have to talk yet. How'd I get to be so lucky?

4 comments:

Kermit~the~Frog said...

That book would be The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, by C.S. Lewis. When Lucy is on the island trying to make the Dufflepuds visible again, she comes across that spell. And Aslan tells her she'll never be able to forget what she heard, but that her friend is weak and Lucy should forgive her.

This too shall pass, right?

Misty said...

I was wondering if it was in the Narnia series. Thanks! I just bought the series for myself and I havn't read it since I was quite young, I'm looking forward to diving into it again.

lackrik said...

good luck on the talk! You'll do great. And it seems like fitting timing.

Is it ok if I say "glad it's not me?" lol

Lee said...

You are going to do great on your talk!!
I think it is important to remember the golden rule. Often it is easy to forget.