Wednesday, March 15, 2006

My Little Princess

Aria is conflicted. She loves her older brother so much and can't stand to be away from him. As a result, she's decided that she wants to be a boy. She thinks boys get to do more stuff. No amount of talking on my part has convinced her that girls can do anything a boy can do.

We stopped at a rest stop once and Dave took Nathan to the mens restroom, while I led Aria to the womens. She wailed and cried and screamed

"I WANT TO GO THE MENS!" over and over. I got her to sit on the toilet and she wouldn't go because she was SO upset. Finally out of desperation I said

"YOU ARE IN THE MENS!"

She stops and looks at me. "I'm in the mens?" she asked.

"Yes."

"Nathan and Daddy are in the womens?"

"Yes."

*giggle* "okay" and she went to the bathroom and we left.

Then, of course, her and Nathan got into an argument about who was really in the mens bathroom.

Her latest is her firm declaration that girls can't do sports. Only boys. So, my sister got out all her old sports pics of her and I playing soccer, softball and basketball. I don't know if we convinced her, but I'll be signing her up for something soon!

Aria:
Favorite color - pink
Favorite movies - Cinderella and the Little Mermaid
Greatest Ambition - to be a boy

I guess she'll have to settle for being a girl that can do everything. And really, they're way cooler than boys anyday.

7 comments:

Lee said...

ROFL! That reminds me a lot of how I was. I had 4 older brothers, and could do anything they could do.. and I even thought I could do it better! Watch out Boys Aria is going to take over!

MusicalMom said...

ROFL!!!!!! Oh, the little lies we tell to make it through some days.

I LOVE IT!

Anonymous said...

cute story...
Perhaps you should consider giving Aria a sister?

Rachelle said...

LOL! What a cutie! I love the screaming until you tell her it's the men's. How funny!

emlouisa said...

That was me 23 years ago.

Lei said...

Oh, Adriana is the same way! LOVES boys! Well, you know what I mean. :)

Stacy said...

How funny is that? Someday she'll realize how silly it was when all the boys are awooning over her!