Sunday, March 12, 2006

Rotten Bananas

"Last one out is a rotten egg!"

My mom used to hollor this statement at us kids (there are 5 of us) when she wanted us to hurry. It never failed. Normally pokey children were transformed into a blur of feet. Shoving, pushing, jumping, just trying to not be the rotten egg.

She was here visiting us last week and she made that statement with a slight variation to my kids.

"Last one out is a rotten banana!"

And my kids stopped. in. their. tracks.

"I want to be the rotten banana!"

"NO! I'm gonna be the rotten banana!" said with all the drama and whine you can muster.

Yeah, didn't work so well on my kids. So, with another slight change she managed to get them to hurry.

"FIRST one out is a rotten banana!"

*whoosh*....there they blow! I just used it to get them in the tub and it's still working well!

Thanks Mom!

8 comments:

Lee said...

LOL! Who knew that they would want to be the rotten banana?? That is hilarious!

Bela said...

rofl!
My daughter loved to be the rotten egg when she was little. She would even dance to a made up melody, "I'm a rotten egg, I'm a rotten egg..."
It changed when she found out the defenition of rotten, lol!

Rachelle said...

LOL! That is hilarious!

lackrik said...

ROTFL!

Anonymous said...

You're welcome! Glad to be of service. lol :)

emlouisa said...

Too funny!

QueenMeadow said...

rofl, too funny!

Stacy said...

So - do they SMELL like rotten bananas? Maybe they don't realize rotten bananas get squished into banana bread? lol Too funny - anything to have an arguement with each other, eh?