Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Happies and Crappies

Happies:
-I got a calling in my ward as ward music chairperson/ward chorister. It's an easy calling and will be nice while I still have young kids.

-I found a pacifier that Gabe will take. This is HUGE! This kid would put anything in his mouth except pacifiers. I'd put one in and he'd promptly make a face and spit it out. I decided it was time to find one that works so that Dave will be able to plug him up while he juggles three kids during sacrament mtg as I smile down from the stand. lol. So, I bought a bunch yesterday and he liked one style and just went to town. It's quite the relief. (If you saw me leave sacrament mtg like 12 times last week, you'd understand. I do not enjoy being a human pacifier)

-The sun was out yesterday and we went for a long walk at this really cool park with my sister.

-Gabe's cheeks are now slightly rosy as opposed to bright red and he's spitting up much less than usual. He also put on like 10 lbs overnight. (okay, maybe not that much but he's suddenly really heavy)

-Dave has a normal job with normal hours and comes home every single day by 6 PM. At his old job it wasn't uncommon for him to work until 10PM or later. We eat dinner as a family and I love it. (and as a side note, I've made dinner every day for over a week...those of you who know me should be impressed!)

Crappies:
-Nathan and Aria are going stir crazy. I have imposed a 1 hr xbox limit on Nathan and he now constantly asks "Mo-om, what can I dooooo?" while looking longingly at the xbox. I need to get them involved with dance and sports and things, but we can't afford it yet.

-The IRS thinks we owe them $5000. Fortunately Dave's brother-in-law is an accountant and we only owe them $7.

-I'm still on that TED diet and I'm getting really sick of plain chicken and baked potatoes. Ugh.

-For some reason I'm just cranky. I would so love to have even 30 minutes completely alone. I can't even shower without Aria poking her head in to see what I'm doing or tattle on Nathan.

-Speaking of Aria...I think I'm going to sell her to the gypsies. 3 is not my favorite age. Yesterday at the grocery store she threw a full on kicking/screaming tantrum on the floor in the produce section. Yup...fun stuff. Did I mention that was her third tantrum that day? Oh, how appropriate, she's throwing one right now.

8 comments:

Alicia said...

I've talked about giving you TED diet tips enough...I'm off to email you!

Lee said...

Wow you have some great Happies!! Just think about how much fun you are going to have in a few weeks!! A nice relaxing Saturday!

I am sorry for the crappies.. I am not a big fan of three either. I am thinking my little miss may completely skip them. Four sounds much better.

emlouisa said...

Sounds like a well balanced week! lol!

QueenMeadow said...

Yay for your happies, sounds great! As for the crappies, no fun! But atleast the list isn't huge :P.

Anonymous said...

Hey thanks for putting me in the happies yeah for that!!!!!!!!!!!

Rachelle said...

Boo on the crappies, but the happies are great!

Lei said...

Just look bsck at that adorable picture you just took of her and you'll endure the day better... hugs!

Stacy said...

AT least she is a beautiful 3 year old!
Your happies are not limited to those here - you are a blessed and deserving woman!