Thursday, May 20, 2010

A single glorious thing

I love Lilacs. They bloom for such a short amount of time each year and I'm always excited to see them and a little bummed when they're gone.



I try to make it to the local Lilac Garden each year, although I don't always make it. Yesterday was gorgeous out, so I took my younger kids to the park so we could walk through the garden. Rachel and her kids came along.







There was a moment, while we were walking, surrounded by lilacs, that a breeze blew through. Suddenly I was hit with a lilac scented breeze that stopped me in my tracks. It was absolutely lovely.

Clara liked it too. (Sometimes when I'm shooting, I get that perfect shot of the day. This is it.)



We walked around while the girls smelled all the different colors. (with how different my sister and I look, I'm always surprised at how similar our girls look)





Then we walked to the Japanese Garden and wandered around for a while. I love it there, too. It brings back memories from Japan. I hope to go back someday.



These pictures don't really show the gardens, I just think my kids are the cutest. I love that they happened to do the same pose opposite of each other. Total fluke.



Gabe likes any tree that he can climb. He needed a little help with this one cause his shoes kept slipping on the smooth bark but he loved the seat.



Then we made a quick stop at the playground on our way out of the park.

3 comments:

Lee said...

I love these! It looks like you had a blast.

Heidi said...

Oh, I love lilacs too! I was excited that we have a bush in our back yard...but no blossoms this year. Someone in our area blogged that the frost had hit theirs, so that is probably what happened to ours...I'm hoping for better luck next year.

Kandace Welch said...

I love lilacs too, too bad there's still snow up here. :( We do get really pretty tundra flowers in July though. They're just really tiny. I do have to argue one point with you though, I think my kids are the cutest! ;)