Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Projects

So I don't really know how to sew. And I don't believe in patterns. They freak me out. But I like to look at fabric...and with some basic measurements, and the little bit of sewing knowledge that I retained from my moms teachings 20 years ago...

I was able to make skirts for my nieces and daughters.

Jess and Aria both got a twirl skirt. I finished them at 4 AM the night before we left for Christmathanks at my parents house.



The babies got fabric to open that morning. I finished their skirts (just Mae and Jovie, Clara wore her old one) right before our fancy Christmathanks dinner.

Jovie's was a little big, so April had the brilliant idea to treat it like a dress. Look how cute!




This is how Jovie feels about me, though. April left her with me one time. I was the first person besides my mom (who she lives with) and her other grandma to ever babysit. She's still holding a grudge.


All 3 babies.

4 comments:

Jon and Maryanne said...

Those skirts are soooo cute!!! If you ever want to make one for Kambria I would be okay with that! :):):)

Anonymous said...

Aww! They turned out so sweet!

Caroline said...

So Cute! The skirt turned dress is simply adorable!

Jennica said...

I abhor patterns too. I tried using one to make the kids costumes this Halloween and gave up and did my own thing.

Those are really cute.