Tuesday, December 09, 2008

30 years



My parents just celebrated their 30th anniversary (and if you're doing the math...yes, I was a honeymoon baby, lol).

I have to say, I'm so lucky to have them for my parents. Some reasons why...

-It was my house that all my friends wanted to hang out at.

-My parents went to all their kids activities. They even went to high school football games just for the half time show because I was in the band.

-My mom is the best cook ever.

-My dad knows so much about gospel topics and some of my favorite memories are learning from him.

-We went camping and hiking and skiing all the time.

-They let me go to Japan. Twice. (the first time I was twelve. Now that I have kids I realize how scary that must have been to send me across the world...even with a school group.)

-They taught me the value of work.

-They were (and are) great examples of people to look up to.

I could go on, but I have to drive Dave to work. lol.

But, lookie! Aren't they cute?

7 comments:

The Buck's said...

I hope I am still that in love with my husband after 30 years! :) Great pics!

moxie mama said...

I LOVE the pictures! And those are all very nice and very true things you said about mom and dad!

Linda said...

I LOVE the pictures and THANK YOU for taking such beautiful pictures of us!!! Also thank you for the kind words:) It made me cry you silly goose. Here's to eternity...

Lady Susan said...

Ah Larry and Linda! Those are some fabulous pictures. You make them look great. (Although, that doesn't take much does it?) Seriously, do you think I will be able to look as good as your mom does after five kids? I question my ability to do so since I would be having those five kids after the age of 30. Congratulations to them!

Jon and Maryanne said...

The pictures turned out sooooo good!!! I love your parent's too! They have always been two of my favorite Aunt and Uncle!

Kristi said...

Your parents are awesome! I've always enjoyed the chance of visiting with them when they are in town. Your whole family is fortunate.

The Mac Attack said...

Lookin good Mom and Dad! Well for how old you are anyways :) JK. The pics are awesome for real though. Good Job Misty!