Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Our ghetto Christmas tree

We were planning on going to Seattle for Christmas this year to visit Dave's family, so we didn't get a tree. We did, however, wrap a floor lamp with garland and hung ornaments/lights on it just for a little decoration at home.

Then about a week before Christmas all the crazy snow storms started and we canceled our trip. I wanted to get a tree, Dave didn't, so we put it to the kids for a vote.

To my surprise, the little punks sided with Dave and we stuck with our ghetto tree.

But, it worked, and we had a lovely Christmas. For some reason, I don't take a lot of pictures on Christmas morning. Just enjoying it, I guess. But I do have one of Gabe digging into his stocking and you can see the ghetto tree in the background. (he's holding up an ABC church book to look at during Sacrament mtg.)

6 comments:

Linda said...

It's the spirit of Christmas that's counts. Right? Presents can be put under any tree no matter what it looks like. LOL

Jon and Maryanne said...

That's awesome!! :)

Caroline said...

I actually love your makeshift tree! It is great.

Smelly Moose said...

Haha, Adam's parents did things like that when he was growing up--he doesn't remember ever having a real tree, so he always insists we get one. One year his parents decorated a lamp too, and another year they just taped a cutout tree on the wall. Too funny :)

The Mac Attack said...

I think your ghetto tree rocked!

Kristi said...

I loved the look of your ghetto tree. I don't take pictures Christmas morning either, it takes away from enjoying it. Plus at 6:30 in the morning, I'm usually not thinking about taking pictures, lol.