Saturday, December 20, 2008

Carrying on tradition

Every year when I was a kid we made Graham Cracker houses on Christmas Eve and then Santa would judge them. I hadn't yet started doing this with my kids, but this year we did and it was really fun!



My favorite part was how each house reflected my kids' personalities.

Gabe...stuff in as much candy as is humanly possible.


See how the walls have expanded?


Aria...make it perfect and beautiful.


Nathan...use math to create patterns.


All done! We made them a little too early in the season. But they said they wanted santa to judge them so they set them out.


They were devoured by the next day. They decided that if Santa can see us while we're sleeping and when we're awake, then he must have seen them already and he could still judge them and leave them notes on Christmas Eve.

4 comments:

Sorensen said...

Oh the beauty of all knowing Santa. What a fun tradition!

Linda said...

Very impressive kids! I love the graham cracker houses. I'm sure Santa will love each and every one. It's heartwarming to see the tradition carry on:)

moxie mama said...

we're gonna keep this tradition alive too! prolly not this year cuz jovie is only 1...but maybe next?

Teresa Kauer said...

Wow! lots of posts since I checked last. I just love it all! - the two photoshoots, very nice! the snow, I cannot believe the snow this year! The party looked fun, and of course gingerbread houses are always tons of fun.