Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Note to self..

Don't watch TV when the kids are around.

Aria has a talent for memorizing. She remembers everything anybody says, and she especially loves to memorize songs. She does this by asking you to repeat it until she has it.

For example, my mom was singing Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious and Aria listened then said simply "sing it again, Grandma." After a few more times through, Aria had it. That's how she memorized all her favorite songs. "Down By the Bay," "Popcorn Popping," "In the Leafy Treetops," any song on Barney, etc.

The other day, my sister and her husband were visiting and my sister starts singing "Gold Digger." I believe it's by Kanye West? Anyway, she finished a couple lines and Aria looks at her and says "Sing it again, Auntie Rae." Luckily I was there and knew what she was doing and said "DO NOT sing it again!" lol. That's just what I need, a three year old walking around belting out "get down girl, go 'head get down". Yeah, fun stuff. And she really does belt songs out wherever we are.

The other thing she likes to do is listen for words she hasn't heard before or words pronounced differently. For example, her Uncle Sean pronounced "yeah" like "yee-ah" one time. Just once. Every time she's answered yes since then, she's pronounced it "yee-ah". lol

Back to my note to self. Last night I was folding laundry. A chore that I simply can not do unless I'm watching a movie or the TV. I had Scrubs on, cuz it can be funny. ("I never knew what that song was about!....Liver disease!") So I'm folding laundry, half paying attention, when one of the actors calls another actor a jack-, uh...fill in the blank. Then Aria starts to laugh. Uh-oh, I think to myself. She looks right at me and says "HAHA! Yer a jack-***!"

Oops. Needless to say, we turned the TV off and talked about words we don't say.

5 comments:

Rachelle said...

LOL! You have a walking recorder.

lackrik said...

LOL! My 3 year old can be focused playing with his toys while I watch tv and out of the blue....he'll repeat something that was just said on the tv!

Their little minds....

Lee said...

ROFL!! Sounds like she is going to make sure everyone is aware of what they say!!

Meemer said...

yeah, my 5 year old had a talent for that. Fortunantly I quit the cursing on New Years.

Stacy said...

Why do they only pick up on the bad words? The never seem to get "incredible" or "amazing" or "talented" from tv shows... must be all the negativity out there?