Monday, April 10, 2006

Nathan

My kids rock. Seriously.

My goal for this summer is to see how much I can teach Nathan before he starts Kindergarten. The kid is a sponge for information and he loves to read. Last night he came running down the stairs really excited about something. He was yelling "MOM! We're sinking fast so we can do a conspearmint!" (huh?) It took me saying what? about 4 times, but I finally figured it out. He was saying "MOM! We're thinking fast so we can do an experiment!" He was holding a card in his hand that said "Think fast." A little while later, Dave came down and they learned about gravity and states of matter and they made oobleck (it's apparently a liquid and a solid.)

Then this morning, he brought a book into our bedroom and said "Dad, will you read me something in the Handy Science Answer Book?" (we did not tell him what it was called, by the way, he just read it) Then he opened it up and read the question "How were the months of the year named?" and asked Dave to read the answer to him. He's FOUR! So I decided it would be fun to see how much he can learn before he starts kindergarten in the fall.

He also likes to play guessing games. The other day he came up to me and said "Mo-om, I heard what you said to dad." I'm thinking "uh-oh...what did I say? What did he hear? shoot!" lol. I asked him what he heard and he goes "you know...you said it to dad...." I still didn't know and he says "somewhere we're going?" Still clueless, but he left. I figured the conversation was over, but he came back a few minutes later with a piece of paper. He had written the word RED on it. He gave it to me. I was still stumped. Red? He said "Mom, it's a clue. Red....." I go "yellow?" He rolled his eyes at me. "No, Mom! You told dad we were going there! Red Rrrrrr....."

*lightbulb!* It finally clicked! Red Robin! Needless to say, we made sure to take the kids there later that week.

Of course, he's still a 4 year old that does 4 year old stuff. Like the day we went to the park with my sister and he came running up to her and said "Hey Auntie Rae! Look at my new Star Wars undies!" and pulled his pants down right there in public. *sigh*

6 comments:

Rachelle said...

LOL at the undies story! He sounds like a great boy - and a smart one at that!

Lei said...

I am rofl at the undies thing too... puts things back in persepctive, huh? But he does sound like a little genius! ;)

Stacy said...

Ah, Nathan! He's one in a million!

Anonymous said...

Aria is smarter than Nathan though. Girls are always smarter than boys cuz boys are dumb. You know why Nathan can read don't you? Video Games. He has to read in order to find out where to go next in those adventure games like zelda etc.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Andrea said...

what a cutie!