Thursday, April 06, 2006

It's a conspiracy!

And the targets are my children. Who has it out for them, you ask? The chairs. Yup, the chairs of the world don't like my kids. I don't know what my kids ever did to them, but they have made it their mission to dump my kids out of them at every opportunity.

We'll be sitting at dinner, eating and talking, when *thump* Nathan's on the floor screaming. I'm not sure how it happens. They sit on them like anyone else. Maybe they shift positions too often, maybe they havn't mastered their center of balance yet. I don't know.

If it's not Nathan, it's Aria. Not ten minutes ago, she fell off the rocking chair (granted, her and Nathan were spinning it and playing on it), but it wasn't the first time! She's fallen off all of our chairs at least once. The rocker, the couch, the table chairs, the piano bench, the computer chair...

A couple days ago, the chairs claimed another victim. Gabe. He was sitting in his overpriced, infant propping system, uh...I mean, his bumbo chair and he arched his back and twisted to the side and plopped out onto his face. Luckily, I was right there to save him and he really didn't fall far (about 6 inches) but it startled both of us!

So the next time you use a chair, be careful! They're a vicious bunch!

6 comments:

Lee said...

They have a conspiracy at hour house too!! I can't tell you how many times I see the kids on the floor!!

Stacy said...

At our house it seems to be walls, doors and floors. The walls move INTO the kids' way, the doors close just enough to ensure a head will whack into the knob and the floors are always tripping them up! Tempremental, that's for sure!

MusicalMom said...

That is so funny! My five year old ends up on the floor far too often. I'm still not sure how it happens...

Meemer said...

My 2 year old is much better sitting on a chair than my 5 year old. harry is always falling off.

emlouisa said...

rofl! We trip here.

Unknown said...

Yeah! What is it with the dang chairs?? But it's mostly doors at our house...they catch ther bottom of every kids heels...SCRAP! Ouch..you know that hurts!