Thursday, April 16, 2009

Portland

The next stop of our spring break was in Portland. This day was a bit of an indulgence for myself. Why, you ask? Well, let me tell you.

Voodoo Doughnuts.


The only place in the world that Voodoo Doughnut exists is in Portland. And since Seattle was only 3 hours away from the best donuts on the planet, I figured my kids would survive a little more time in the car.

I rewarded them though and we started the day at OMSI (the Portland Science Center). They had a blast in the ball room (imagine an enclosed room with millions of bouncy balls, tubes to roll them through, spinning rackets to throw them at, vacuum tubes, shooting tubes, etc, etc) and then we went over to the static electricity thing where they made pie tins fly.







And over to the water tables...


I got to spend the time while they played chatting with friends.

Then we headed over to my reason for going to Portland in the first place!


And I finally got my donuts! Gabe likes glazed donuts and he picked one out that was bigger than his head. Sadly, I didn't get a picture of it. I had a pimped out fritter. It was a huge banana fritter with chocolate, peanut butter and chocolate chips. Holy yum.

Nathan was ridiculously excited about the vintage bubble hockey. He played it with my friends son for most of the time we were there.




There was pinball, a jukebox, funky chairs...my kids had a blast while I chatted with friends.


We hit the mall after that and wandered around (we had originally planned to go to the beach, but it was pouring rain) then went to my Aunt's house to spend the night. The next morning was back up to Seattle for a low key day of visiting friends and I did a photo shoot in the pouring rain that was very fun.

See?






uh...do you see this rain? Can we stop yet?

2 comments:

Sheree said...

Cute! You guys look great. And fruit loop doughnuts huh. Man, my husband would love those!

Heidi said...

Is that bacon on the doughnut in the front?

It looks like you all had a ton of fun.