Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Uh...Gabe can read and write and he's 3.

So, I knew he knew his letters and sounds and I knew he knew how to spell some things (his favorite game is "Mom, how do you spell ______?") but the other day he brought me this picture.



See the Mom at the bottom?

Then he brought this book to me that I just bought for him



(.99 at The Gap) and said "Hey Mom! Will you read 'How...Do...Dinosaurs...Play...Will...Teeth...Friends' to me?"

So apparently, he's looking at the first letters and the pictures and figuring it out.

Oh, and as long as I'm bragging about him...he can count to 29. (after that it becomes twenty-ten, twenty-eleven...and there's no persuading him otherwise)

3 comments:

Kermit~the~Frog said...

Cool.

We taught a braniac Sunbeam. Three years old and could read, and not just easy stuff. He had Asperger's, though.

Caroline said...

Oh that sweet boy!

Linda said...

I want to come right this second to where you live and give him a great big HUG and KISS. Will you do that for me? XOXOXOXOXO