Thursday, July 17, 2008

Post baby motivation

I have a very short nesting period when I'm pregnant and it's not so much nesting as forcing myself to get things done before the baby comes. But after the baby? That's a different story. For some reason, I get a ton of energy and I do a ton of random stuff for several months after I have a baby. When Gabe was born it was close to Christmas and I did a bunch of homemade gifts that year.

I'm just weird like that, I guess. My sister even said she wanted to get her baby skirt order in before I go back to normal. lol.

Anyway...this is what I did the last couple days.

Freezer jam! I grew up on freezer jam and it's my favorite jam. So, I gave it a shot. Strawberry and Strawberry/Blueberry. What do you think, should I call the latter Braberry or Strewberry or Strawbleberry? (The last one is Dave's contribution...we've been discussing this.)

Isn't it pretty?



And I made a skirt for Aria out of the left over material. There was no tulle left. I used it all up cause I kept messing up. It's a little different, but they can be cute together. And to think I roll my eyes at the pictures of me and my sisters dressed alike. I get it now and I'm totally going to put my daughter's through it, too! In my defense, Aria asked for the matching skirt!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous of your freezer jam. Love that stuff. The skirt is cute even without the tulle!

Linda said...

Very very nice! The jam looks yummy and I'm excited to eat some:)
The skirt is very pretty. I'm glad I had you girls do some sewing here at home as young girls even though "you" may not remember much. It feels fullfilling to me to be able to do things for myself. Even if it is just knowing how so if needed I can do it. It's like preparing for the last days in skills not just food. Does that make sense? Boy that was a mouthfull.

The Buck's said...

Seriously, you have to stop...you are making the rest of us look bad! Like I said before, I took comfort in the fact that I had one friend who was not a "domestic godess". But, good for you for trying new things...wanna try your hand at canning this fall? I have always wanted to try that!

smart mama said...

don't you love those new ball freezer jam containers-- they rock- looks scrumptious!

Sharon said...

The jam is definately pretty and it's not too hard, is it. I've made the freezer jam before; I should actually do it now since I do have a freezer that's not full! Great job, Misty!

McP Family said...

Dang Misty....you need to come to my house with all your energy!!!
How DO you make frezzer jam! this perplexes me. Keep it up!!