Friday, July 04, 2008

Hotsling to the rescue!

I just have to sing praises to my hotsling for a moment. You know that black sling that I'm wearing Clara in all the time? (look at the pictures below with me in them and you'll see what I'm talking about). That's my hotsling. I *heart* it.

Today, I inadvertently put it to the ultimate test.

I fell. Down the stairs. On cement. While wearing Clara in my hotsling.

Holy crap, right?

I'm actually a very deliberate person. I do not like to draw unwanted attention to myself so I'm careful. I rarely even stumble, let alone fall. I don't allow myself to be a klutz. But sometimes, even with my best efforts, I fail.

Today we were at a friends house and I was walking down the front steps with my arms full of towels and things and Clara was slung across my chest in the hotsling. I somehow missed the bottom step, twisted my ankle and hit the ground, skinning my knee and hand and throwing myself to the side so I wouldn't land on Clara.

Kudos to the hotsling people. She stayed snugly inside, barely even jostled and didn't seem to know anything had happened. (no crying or anything!)

So, my advise to all moms that may fall while holding a baby at some point in your mothering career. Get a hotsling.

5 comments:

moxie mama said...

scarey--i'm so glad you are both okay!

The Buck's said...

Wow! I love the sling you use. I have been looking at one for Alex. Where did you find it??

Misty said...

Traci, I sent you an email. :)

Sharon said...

Ouch and that is so scarey! I'd ask the hotsling company if they'd let you advertise for them; maybe they'd pay you for it?*S* Seriously, I"m so glad that you & Clara are okay. Are YOU okay?

TNS MOM said...

Wow Scarey! Glad your okay!