Thursday, March 27, 2008

Star sighting!

Before yesterday, the only famous person I'd ever seen before was Ray Charles. I shook his hand in the LA airport when I was 16 and on my way to Japan for a few weeks. (A high school sister city exchange program).

But they're shooting a movie downtown with Cuba Gooding Jr and Christian Slater right now. I happened to be downtown yesterday (with my mom, sisters, a friend and 2 of my kids) while they were shooting a scene with Cuba Gooding Jr. We stopped to watch and like a good little photographer, I had my point and shoot in my purse.

So here you go!

We watched for about 20 minutes while they filmed a 5 second scene where Cuba Gooding Jr got out of a car, stood and glared at the camera, then got back into the car and slammed the door.

This is some guy that they set the whole scene up with and then did a couple takes. (somebody said it was Cuba Gooding Jr's cousin).



Then Cuba Gooding Jr got out of his car (that I was standing right next to) and did the same scene. It seriously took forever and was for about a 5 second scene. It was weird. Making movies looks incredibly boring. lol





Here he is doing the acting part. Intense, huh?



and after the scene was shot he went back to his car. He kinda smiled/waved at the group of us and shook hands with a cute little boy over by his car then got in and that was that.

6 comments:

Alissa said...

Have I mentioned that I find him to be an incredibly handsome specimen of man. *swoon*

Kristi said...

That is so cool! I'm kinda jealous. I absolutely LOVE Cuba!! I would have been screaming and jumping up and down like a little school girl, lol.

Linda said...

Than you for being prepared with your camera AND sharing your pics with me:) It was kinda cool to watch that.

Lara said...

How exciting! (except for all the waiting around boring parts)

Hopefully the movie is not R and we can enjoy watching "Spokane" when it comes out.

Love the Nathan phrases! Kids are pure entertainment.

Drostan and Jennifer said...

Cool!!! He looks like a nice guy. Yeah, it does sound like a boring job. lol

Anonymous said...

That's pretty cool!!!