Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Happy (late) Anniversary to me!

So, we're snowed in (school's been closed all week). And sick (2 kids are on antibiotics). And Dave's computer crashed. Meaning Dave has been working from home, on my computer, thus severely limiting my internet time. We all have some serious cabin fever. We're supposed to get 5 more inches of snow tonight (on top of the almost 2 feet that we already have) so tomorrow I've decided I'll definitely take a picture of the snow. Up til now, I've just been either staring forlornly out the windows at all the cold, wet, slippery stuff, or else trying not to get stuck in it as I traverse the treacherous side roads in an attempt to get my kids to a Doctor and then pick up their medicine. Incidentally, I got stuck today. After reversing down 3 different streets when I almost got stuck several times, I finally ended up completely stuck and unable to move. Fortunately, I was in my driveway and Dave was home and he came and saved me. Well, got the car unstuck so we could pull into the garage.

Anyway, our 8th anniversary was on Monday. A very nice side effect to being married in January of 2000 is that I always know how long I've been married by what year it is. 2008 = 8 years. Since we have kids with fevers, ear infections and strep throat, our anniversary consisted of homemade chicken noodle soup (Dave's specialty, it's quite delicious) and a movie after the kids were in bed. Except Gabe, I think he watched the movie with us.

I only have a couple wedding pictures on my computer and I'm entirely too lazy to scan any in right now, so here ya go.

Outside the temple after the sealing. It was a beautiful day. Not like this year.


Dancing with my brother at our reception. I like this one because you can see my dress really well, I love my sleeves.


And after the cake feeding. There's a reason that the cake is in Dave's eye, by the way. After we cut the cake, he fed me a piece very nicely. I then went to return the favor, but he wanted to spice things up a bit. So, he grabs my arm. To the casual onlooker, it looked as if he was trying to stop me from smashing the cake into his face. But he wasn't! He was pulling my hand towards his face so that I WOULD smash the cake into his face and I was pulling away because I didn't want to! I mean, come on, I'd only known the guy for 7 weeks, now I'd probably gladly smash the cake into his face, but I was still on my best behavior then! So, anyway, he's stronger than me, but apparently doesn't have good aim and ended up pulling my hand to his face and hitting his own eye with the cake. However, everyone watching thought I had smashed the cake into his eye. Making me look like the meanie with poor aim. So there you go. My cake story.

6 comments:

The Buck's said...

Happy Belated Anniversary! I am so over the snow...I can't imagine what is going to happen if we get more tonight!

Lara said...

Happy anniversary!!!!! Sorry it wasn't too eventful with the snow and all.

Can you believe no school all week? If I could have seen into the future I would have driven us all to some place sunny and warm and had a great vacation!!!

Hope your little ones get better soon.

moxie mama said...

omg i'm so sorry i spaced your anniversary! happy late anny!

The Mac Attack said...

The weather on your wedding day was amazing!!! This year not so much. BTW you were super hot and skinny on that day. I hope for your sake that school is open on monday!

scraphappymama said...

happy anniversary. sorry the kiddos are sick. hope all is restored to "normal" soon.

Pemberton Family said...

Happy late anniversary. I love seeing the wedding pictures. I already love to look back at your wedding pictures and complain that I am no longer that skinny. However you look just as thin now as you did then. Lucky girl. I enjoy reading your blog!!