Tuesday, January 08, 2008

I got some interesting news today!

If you remember, I had an ultrasound when I was 12 weeks pregnant. The ultrasound tech said that she couldn't say it with 100% accuracy since we were only 12 weeks along but that she was fairly certain we were having a boy. She showed us what looked like boy parts and we agreed that it sure looked like a boy! I've had 2 boys and it didn't look much different from their u/s pics, albeit smaller.

So today, I went in for my mid-pregnancy ultrasound. The tech asked if I wanted to know the gender and I said yes. Imagine my surprise to find out that the baby we believed to be a boy for he last 2 months, is in fact a girl!

Aria is beyond thrilled.

I'm happy too, for several reasons.

1. Everything is still even. Having a boy would have thrown off my desire to have things be even. 2 boys, 2 girls.
2. I adore my boys, and would have loved another one, but I really wanted Aria to have a sister. There's nothing like the relationship between sisters.
3. I knew I'd keep trying for a girl. I really, really don't enjoy being pregnant and now I don't feel even a teensy bit guilty for wanting to stop. Or at the very least take a nice long break.

Want to see the pictures?





15 comments:

Alissa said...

oh congrats!!! we're going to be even over here too! i'm so thrilled!

Kermit~the~Frog said...

Awesome and congratulations! If we don't "even" things out over here, Animal is going to disown us and move in with my mother or something.

The Mac Attack said...

Im so excited!!!! 3 girl cusins its gonna be so much fun!

Anonymous said...

YAY for girls! Now, send some girl thoughts my way...I need some pink in my life!

moxie mama said...

I'm so excited Sebastion is a girl!!!! Jovie is too : )

sheri said...

Oh wow! How exciting!

Lee said...

YIPEE!! That is so awesome.

Anonymous said...

Yea for baby girls! I'm happy for you and Aria. I know she really wanted a sister. Remember how special sisters are when they are fighting over wearing each others clothes. :) We'll have three little girl granddaughters with in 6 months of each other. How fun! I wonder if they will share clothes? :)

Anonymous said...

chandler's a girl!!!!!

The Mac Attack said...

That was the best part the fights over clothes.

Conlin Family said...

Congrats Misty! Perfect boy, girl, boy, girl. You're not the only ones that remember your fights over clothes. I remember seeing several of your fights! I'm kind of glad I was an only girl. haha =)

Lara said...

Awesome! It will be fun to have another little girl in your family.

McP Family said...

SO MANY BABIES!!!! I am happy for you guys

Sharon said...

Misty, congrats on having a girl! Any names picked out yet?

Misty said...

Yup, Clarissa Lily. We'll call her Clara. And Aria picked her middle name. :)