Thursday, May 11, 2006

I.am.a.mom.

I'm also a photographer, but first, I'm a mom.

So please be understanding if I show up with your prints and my son doesn't have shoes on because he took them off before getting into his booster seat and buckling in and I didn't notice til we were already there.

And please don't judge me when I show up to see if you'll carry my business cards and my son is covered in hives and exhausted from Benedryl and collapses on your waiting room furniture like he's going to pass out or something. Also, thank you for being willing to give my daughter a drink of water when she suddenly decided she was dying of thirst and saw that you had a sink and little cups her size.

And suppose you call the number on my business card and a three year old answers the phone. Thank you for hanging up before she brought it to me because I was in the shower and that would have just been weird. Also, thanks for calling back.

And if you come over and my house smells like a chimney, it's just because my son wanted to warm up his chocolate chip cookie (because they're better that way), but when he put it in the microwave he accidentally set it for 5 minutes instead of 5 seconds and it got burnt to a crisp. Makes for some stink.

I did manage to get the unfolded laundry shoved into the laundry room and the door shut and the rug vacuumed and the kids all banished to their bedroom before my potential client showed up though!

So yeah...I'm a mom.

6 comments:

Andrea said...

Your one hell of a mum and a photographer Misty!

Rachelle said...

You are a great mom! And a great photographer. I only wish you lived closer so you could do our pics!

Lee said...

You are so freaking awesome!! You have great kids and you do great pictures!! And you look freaking fab too!!

emlouisa said...

That is too funny. Thanks for the little glimpse! rofl!

scraphappymama said...

Hilarious! Sometimes being a mom is the craziest, but ohh so much fun too!!!

Kermit~the~Frog said...

Par for the course, right? Too funny!