Monday, May 08, 2006

Crazy, crazy day....

Wanna hear about it?

I got up and called a bunch of gyms to see if any were hiring in the childcare dept. (since I could take my kids with me to work...it's ideal for now) They had all "just filled the opening." Bah. So, I took the kids to my sisters house and then started driving all over town. In the next 8 hrs I....

-went to the music store, ordered Suzuki for piano, level 1 for Aria.
-went next door to Rocket Bakery and put a pile of business cards on the bulletin board.
-went to Huckleberries, bought some dark chocolate and Xylitol (natural sweetener I want to try) and put a pile of business cards on their bulletin board.
-went home and picked up my sisters gardening tools that I forgot
-stopped by Gold's gym, filled out an app and was hired on the spot as an "on-call" childcare worker. I'm the back-up if someone is sick or misses work.
-went to the Post Office and mailed my first print sale from my Yessy Gallery. (Columbia River Temple)
-went to Shopko to pick up some picture frames (40% off)
-went to Fred Meyer and got some fruit and tried to put some business cards up, but they don't do that.
-went to my Dr's office with a framed print and some business cards for her.
-went to a women's clinic to see if they would carry a print and business cards. They said yes. So I left them there too.
-went to the YMCA to see if they were hiring. They weren't, but I left an app anyway.
-picked up the kids
-came home to make dinner for the missionaries and an investigator.
-made cookies, FROM SCRATCH and stroganoff
-investigator backed out, so we just fed the missionaries and watched a movie about the restoration.
-listened to Dave tell the story about getting arrested on his mission for umpty-bazillionth time. (it's ok...it's a good story)
-bathed the kids, read stories, tucked in.

*sigh*....it was a loooong day.

edited to add...I forgot two things. I also went to a consignment shop to trade some baby clothes in. Got a credit for $2.50. woot. And I went to the bank to see about refinancing some stuff.

7 comments:

Andrea said...

wow busy day.

Anonymous said...

um dont forget to mention how rocking your sista is cause that would have normaly taken a week to do!!!

Misty said...

you're right! My sister totally rocks. I never could have gotten it all done if she hadn't watched all three kids!

Lei said...

Wow, Misty. I hae not had a day like that in about 31 weeks! ;)

Rachelle said...

Holy busy!

Lee said...

I am tired just reading that!!

Kermit~the~Frog said...

I think all that would take me a week to accomplish. Good luck on the job search!