Wednesday, May 17, 2006

I know, I know...

I missed my Saturday Soapbox...but I've got some great ones planned. Don't you fret!

Today, just a little randomness...

I've been on the lookout for some kind of bar, cookie, teething biscuit...anything that I can give poor Gabe. His diet (besides breastmilk) consists of pureed carrots, sweet potatoes, bananas, apples and pears, and plain puffed rice. Today I scoured Huckleberries (natural food store) for something and found it! Nana Banana cookies! They're vegan and free of gluten, eggs, dairy, sugar, corn, etc. I think Gabe thought he was in heaven. He gobbled it up. They're pricy (3.20 for 5 bars) but he can eat them!!!

Gabe is cutting his second tooth and it's a doosy! It's right there but is taking forever to pop through the gums. He's not enjoying it so much.

Nathan had hives for like 2 weeks, but I havn't seen any in a couple days. Fingers crossed!

I drove by one of those signs at the bank today and it said 98 degrees. WAY too hot for May.

Someone called today looking for a wedding photographer. Cross your fingers that I get it! The wedding is in 2 weeks!

2 comments:

Valarie said...

Yay! I love finds like that. You might want to ask on a food allergy board. I remember reading that some moms had recipes for teething biscuits using rice cereal. You might be able to make them yourself if you find a cereal he can eat.

Millie said...

Your Gabe sounds like my friend's 3 year old who is wildly allergic to quite a few things. He had bad excema for a long time until they figured out exactly what he was allergic to. His mom spends lots of time in the local health food store. Good luck to you and him.