Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Blogging for diabetes

If you don't already know, my husband has type 1, juvenile onset, diabetes. He was diagnosed at age 15. It's a life altering disease that has taken a lot of getting used to. For him and for the people who love him. My children are at a higher risk of contracting juvenile diabetes than the average person so I watch them closely for signs/symptoms.

JDRF sponsers a fund-raising walk each year and this year our whole family will be walking. We've set a goal to raise $100 to go towards research for a cure for juvenile diabetes.

This year as a little incentive, I'm offering a gift for donating. If you donate $15, I'll send you an 8x10 or 8x12 (depending on the image) of one of my nature or temple prints. Donate $20 and I'll send you an 11x14 or 12x18 image of your choice. This offer is only available for those who are in the first $100 donated.

Just email me your info ctrmama@gmail.com if you'd like to receive a print for donating. You can donate here.

These are the available prints. Just send the title in your email. Donations are open until September 27th.



Thank you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what a great cause. Let me see if I can sqeeze out any extra money :)