Thursday, September 28, 2006

Cooties

Last week after school I asked Nathan what he did and he said he played "fight" with the boys during recess.

I brought it up again today....it went like this.

"Nathan, did you play fight with your friends at school?"

"You mean with the bugs?"

"Bugs?"

"Yeah, we were gonna play fight with the bugs, but we decided not to. Instead we threw the bugs at the girls, cuz boys don't like girls and I don't either."

*laughing and a high five with Nathan* "You don't?"

"No, I don't like to play with them, so we tried to scare them with the bugs."

"Did you scare them?"

"No. They just looked at us. I had the bugs in the dogs mouth (a puppet) and I was doing this (thrusts hand towards me) but they weren't scared."

"Did they scream?"

"No. Just nothing."

"Do you chase the girls?"

"No, they don't run away from us."

*more laughter* "Do they have cooties?"

"Cooties? What's that?"

"uh....bugs."

*gives me a 'you're dumb' look* "noooo....."

I tried to explain, but I didn't do a very good job. lol

Apparently this generation of girls is more enlightened than mine was...but the boys...they're exactly the same as they were 22 years ago when I was in kindergarten.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

to cute nathen!!!!

Meemer said...

that is a comforting thought. I think. Boys probably have been the same since the begining.

sheri said...

hilarous!