Wednesday, September 06, 2006

I survived!







Starting with his back to school haircut...we had a date and went to his Auntie's salon for this one.











Such a handsome boy. And lovin' that face, Auntie Rae!







We went to orientation and got his first bit of homework. His teacher gave us a paper doll cut out that we were supposed to decorate to look like Nathan. So Nathan drew his favorite t-shirt on the doll. (his xbox t-shirt...which has really seen better days. Hey, Marissa, if you read this, wanna pick a new one up for me?) Then Dave told him to draw pants on, to which Nathan responded by looking down at himself and making the observation "but...I don't have pants on, just undies!" So...he drew undies on. Then Dave convinced him to pretend like he had pants on and draw some of those on too.

The finished product.

At first I was a little worried. Because when we got to school, several of the other kids were holding their dolls and they were "perfect." The clothes were cut out of construction paper, they were holding purses and their was hair made out of everything from yarn to perfectly curled yellow ribbon (a cute little girl, with blonde, curly hair). I saw buttons and glitter and all sorts of things. But...I decided Nathan's was better because he did it himself. There's no way all those other kids did theirs without a lot of help. Plus....it turns out Nathan's wasn't the worst one. (Does that make me a bad mom? lol)

So, we waited for teacher to show up and off he went to school! But first he informed me that he's a little bit scared when I'm there, but he's not scared at all when he's there by himself. I'm not sure what that means. I don't want to think about it very hard.

Anyway...my sweet boy on his first day of Kindergarten! Doesn't he look all grown up? *sniff*


Oh, I forgot to add...after all the kids went inside I was standing there with the other moms and I had the strangest sensation. I was looking at them and thinking, they look like Moms. Do I look like them? Am I really old enough for this? It was odd.

14 comments:

Jennica said...

Yeah, it is best not to think about those kinds of comments from children. I love that he did his own doll. I bet the teacher appreciated that too.

Misty said...

lol, yup. My SIL.

Lee said...

Cute! I can't believe he is in K! We do it next year. And you are young, everyone else is old. lol

Jenn said...

Awwwww...what a cute guy! He's so grown up! Glad mom survived. Sounds like he'll have a great time!

Stacy said...

Cute pictures & cute HAIR!!!

Have fun, Nathan!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Will had to do the exact same paper doll project! (Which he did himself, I helped w/ cutting but all of the ideas were his) and there were some other dolls that were SO detailed! Glad to know I'm not the only one who made that observation. :P

And no, you Don't look like all of those other moms. I can say that because I'm sure that I don't either. ;)

Happy first day, Nathan!

Alicia said...

How fun!! The haircut is too cute, er Handsome!

Dixie Chic said...

That's a great cut on Nathan! Congrats on reaching "Kindergarten" status, kid!

Elozia Marie said...

Cute. I had a hard time surviving last week when we started K too. Weren't they just barely newborns?! I love the paper doll!

Heather said...

No Misty, you're not old enough and neither am I!!! We're still supposed to be the kids playing together while our parents do parent stuff!!! When did we time warp into this life?

He looks so grown up!

Rachau said...

He looks all grown up now!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the props on the HC it helps that he is so cute. To bad Dave made him put pants on the doll cause it would have been funnier with out them. 2 more years and then its Arias turn!!!

Melissa said...

Too cute! It does seem like just yesterday doesn't it! And no, we don't look old enough to have kids that old, we havn't aged at all!!! LOL!

Heidi said...

You did great! I'm more and more nervous for Chloe's first day but with how I'm seeing everyone handle it, I hope I'll be as good. Love the haircut and silly faces!!