Wednesday, February 08, 2006

My little thugs

I'm raising artists. But not just any old artist. Nope, they're graffiti artists. No surface is safe from their creative abilities. Naturally, walls are their preferred canvas but they will branch out. Take the dryer, for example. It's the perfect place to draw a rendition of an iron.



Then there are their favorite books. Many artists start by copying ideas from other artists. For example, where's Waldo?



Here he is!



Sometimes they'll decide that it's time to explore another style of art. Who knew nursing pads could be so versatile?


All artists sign their art and my little thugs are no different. Here is one of the first times Nathan added a signature. This was a chalk drawing on the outside of the house. He had just recently learned to write his name. (it's been rained on quite a bit)

Now Aria is learning to sign her art too. She's testing out a few different signatures. This one is short and sweet. (I guess she can't decide if she should write it upside down or not.)

And this one is a bit more arteestic.

My favorite part is when they've completed a masterpiece, signed it and then when I discover it they point to their sibling and say s/he did it!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

so you need child proof paint at the new house yikes. dont let them have a pen at my house.

Elozia Marie said...

Oh man, have you bought stock in Magic Erasers? LOL. What a good mom to take pictures!

Alicia said...

ROFL! Love the nursing pad...

You are a nicer mom than me...I've banned writing utensils from Little Boy.

Anonymous said...

hi-larious. my favorite is the nursing pad collage!