Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Too sad to blog...but also grateful for my blog

Wow, I haven't blogged in a while. I think this is the longest for me. I have a reason though.

A couple weeks ago Clara knocked my external hard drive off my desk and broke it. My 750 gig external hard drive that held 8 years of pictures, videos, journaling and files. I did back it up on occasion, but the last backup was 3 years ago. Coincidentally, my blog is 3 years old, meaning what remains of my memories of the last 3 years is preserved right here on my blog.

The data isn't gone forever, but it is inaccessible without a clean room. And sending a hard drive to a clean room costs around $3000. (I called several places, they all gave the same quote).

Aaaand...it's gonna take a while to save that. (we don't believe in credit cards)

So, I was sad. And left with no inspiration to blog. Which, really, is totally the wrong reaction when you consider how glad I am that I have this blog. It now holds priceless memories.

But, I was called out on Facebook for giving my cousin Katie withdrawls because of my blogging absence. I was adequately chastened and I'm back.

So...hi! Didja miss me?

4 comments:

Jon and Maryanne said...

I'm sorry you had to go through all that stress! Yikes! I really need to make a back up file of all our pics that I have put on the computer since getting our memory card reader!

Becky said...

OH MISTY!!!! Can I just send you giant long distance hugs?
That is my worst nightmare! Ty is always messing with my EHD and while all my photos are backed up on my smug mug account (best 30 bucks I have ever spent) all 40 gig of my digi scrap stuff isnt.
Im so so sorry.
((((hugs))))

Smelly Moose said...

I've missed your blogging! Glad you're back. So sorry you've been through so much junk lately!! Way to go being anti-credit card! We're the same way.

Unknown said...

I am going to stop trying to leave comments using my phone. Grr...they never show up on anyone's blog.
Anyway, I am so sorry about your hard drive. I had that happen when my kids were toddlers. I lost ALL of Skippy's baby pictures of her first year. It was heart braking. The only one's I have now are the ones that others took and the one's I happened have uploaded to shutterfly. yet, I still have not learned a lesson. I haven't back them up since january.