Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Tender mercies

I forgot to mention this below, but there were some tender mercies besides my blog that I discovered after my hard drive broke.

1. I run all my photos through lightroom before transferring them to my hard drive. Lightroom automatically saves the raw files on my c drive. I had cleaned my c drive off back in June, but I still had all my pictures from Nathan's baptism forward. Including a few shoots that I had finished proofing but hadn't burned to disk yet. Luckily I had their raw files (one was a wedding!) and was able to just re-photoshop them instead of having to tell them I lost their pictures. That makes me shudder just thinking about it.

2. Our kitchen faucet is on it's last leg and has been for a while. It randomly loses all pressure on the hot water. It had been acting up for a week or so and we thought we'd have to finally bite the bullet and replace the faucet. (they're expensive!) After the hard drive broke it started working again and has been since.

3. Facebook and blogger. The pictures I uploaded there and here are still there. Granted I can't make big prints of them because they're compressed files, but I can do 4x6 prints or photo books without any trouble.

4 comments:

Sorensen said...

SO sorry about your hard drive. That really sucks when pictures are lost. Way to look on the bright side though.

Lara said...

It is such a sickening feeling to lose pictures!!!!! I'm so sorry. I'm glad some will still be accessible.

Unknown said...

At least you have found a few of them. Especially the baptism pics. Woot woot for Lightroom! I am grateful your sinks is working properly! phew!

The Wynn Family said...

We had the same thing happen to us six months ago. I thought I was going to die we lost a bunch of pictures but like you said thank goodness for blogs!