Thursday, August 27, 2009

This is why I always do afternoon kindergarten...

I'm not a morning person. If it were up to me, I'd roll out of bed around 9 and loll around for a couple hours and really start my day around 11. In fact, when my kids were smaller I had them trained to sleep in to 9 or 10 themselves. It was awesome. When Nathan started Kindergarten, I knew myself and put him in afternoon K. It was great. I was dreading first grade when school would begin at 9. He was late a lot that year. It probably didn't help that I was pregnant with Clara and sick the whole year. When Aria began K, I knew it would be better to only have 1 kid to get ready in the morning and she could wait til noon. I was right, it was perfect. We even managed to get Nathan to school on time for his second grade year.

But, alas, times have changed.

I now have a first grader and a third grader. That's two kids that have to be to school by 9 AM every day. That means two kids to feed, make lunches for and find socks for (we can never find socks around here). Two backpacks to load, two library books to keep track of, etc, etc. I know you'll tell me to get things ready the night before, but I'm not so good at that. It's in my DNA. I'm incapable of organization.

Most morning, it's not so bad, at the very least I can get backpacks ready the night before. And since I usually just throw on sunglasses and drop them off, I don't have to get ready for the day myself.

But today I wanted to go in with them which meant I had to shower. I didn't get much sleep because Gabe has a cold and when he coughs, he throws up. So I barely dragged myself out of bed at 8 thinking Nathan and Aria would be up at least. But they weren't. So I get them up and ended up having about 40 minutes to make breakfast, make lunch, find socks, get myself ready, etc. We got in the car at 8:55, hurried to school and barely made it. In all the rush I didn't even get my camera out for first day of school pictures. Luckily, I had my phone with me.

So that's all ya get.



Tomorrow will be smoother. It will.

4 comments:

Jon and Maryanne said...

LOL! I just have Kambria now in kindergarten, which is all day.....but everything you said totally sounds like me too! Except we have the paper route and I am so used to coming back home and going back to sleep for a couple hours after making Jon's lunch. Now I will probably have to wait until nap time around here to get one myself! ....sigh....

Linda said...

Fun times eh? You'll manage just fine.:) Just think that is 2 kids less at home for a few hours being noisy and making messes plus that is two lunches already made for the day. Love you just the way you are!:)

Mel C said...

I am right there with you! 11 is perfect :) Unfortunately, I have a 5th grader and a 2nd grader who have to go out the door to the bus at 8 AM, blah...well, at least it's to the bus stop and not loading all 5 of us in the car!

moxie mama said...

we're looking at pics of all the cousins, trying to learn names for this weekend and when jovie saw this picture she said aria is "ooo, wow, pretty!" :)