Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Somehow I became a soccer mom

I hated soccer as a kid. I hated soccer as a teen. I all around just don't enjoy anything about the sport. But somehow...I have 3 kids playing soccer this year. (for the record...still not a fan)

Nathan


Aria


and Gabe


Nathan and Aria's teams are at the age where the kids are trying and have a fairly decent grasp of the rules. Aria even made her first ever goal on Saturday!

Gabe's team though is 3 on 3, no goalie, kick the ball around and try to make a goal for the right team. It's pretty cute. And Gabe is a star. We got a few strings pulled to get him on the 4 yr old team even though he won't be four til next month and he's rocking it.

Except for the whole understanding how the game works thing.

We (and the coach) spent most of the game yelling at him to kick the ball the other way. lol. He'll catch on eventually.

Here he is while the coach is explaining how soccer works. See how he's paying such close attention?


And here's a video. You can watch him make a goal for the wrong side. :D

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I played years of soccer as a kid but I HATE watching my kids play. Well..we only had one child play for one year at Gabe's age and it was like herding kittens. So annoying. no offense. ;)

Bonnie Bell Anderson said...

I totally know what you mean. I am not a "soccer mom". I have two kids playing soccer right now, and although I do enjoy watching them, I don't really enjoy soccer. I am a football mom, a baseball mom, a swim team mom, a ballroom dance mom, and a "mom who has kids playing soccer".

Washington Hills said...

You're a good mom, Misty!

Linda said...

I looked at soccer this way when all you guys were playing...
It was something to do for excercise, activity, being a team player and to have fun. Better than sitting in front of the TV I figured:) Even though I felt like I was meeting myself coming and going. Not just with soccer either lol.