Saturday, June 06, 2009

This weeks family date



We're trying to find fun and free things to do every saturday this summer. This morning I went online to see what I could find and there was a Sidewalk Chalk Walk in a neighborhood about 15 minutes from our house. They provided the sidewalk, the chalk and a t-shirt and we filled out a survey and drew on the sidewalk!



The kids are usually game for almost anything so they loved it. Even Dave and I had a lot of fun. Dave is already making big plans for next year and I love any excuse to take pictures.



I chose our place along the sidewalk. I wanted them under that car sticking out of the building.


Clara was so sad that we wouldn't give her the chalk. She has the best lower lip.


Nathan wrote "Don't War" on his. And "hark" which I loved because after he wrote it he goes "What does 'hark' mean anyway?"


This was before Aria was done. Later she wrote "I *heart* NY" along the bottom. I'm not sure why. Or where she even saw that.


Gabe intently coloring.


All done!


Then we walked around to see what other people were doing. There were some impressive ones and Dave and Nathan were both making plans for ways to make theirs better next year.








So then we just started wandering around the neighborhood. There was a lot of cool old buildings (which I LOVE) and an old railroad caboose turned into a museum (not much of one, but we got to go on and it was free), and lots of cool murals and a ferris wheel skeleton in someone's back yard. That was weird but very cool. So I took pictures of the kids while we walked around. I might have our family pics down there this year.

The paintballs on this were awesome.


My girl is so pretty.


Dave is not a fan of being in pictures. I was glad he humored me for this.




6 comments:

Washington Hills said...

This comment does not do these pictures justice, but...I love this post! Fantastic pictures! What a fun day.

Lara said...

What an awesome outing! Loved the pictures.

Rach said...

Is that the Perry District? I still need to go there. How cool is that sidewalk chalk walk thing. Do they do it every year on the same weekend?

Linda said...

Looked like fun! Enjoyed the pictures.

rebeccaV said...

GREAT pictures!! Looks so fun!

Jon and Maryanne said...

I wish we could have joined you! I think it would be a great place for family pics. I know we had talked about doing your pics and our pics up on Silver Mountain, but that would be a cool place too. I guess since we live in Hillyard anyway! :)