Friday, June 26, 2009

Party time!

I chose the activities based on visual appeal. I really wanted fun pictures from Nathan's 8th birthday.

Turns out having thirteen kids ages 1-8 all in one place and only one other adult because she took pity on me doesn't leave much time to be creative with photography.

So, I slapped my 85 lens on and just snapped pictures when I could.

The popcorn relay...






The balloon toss.


The 3 legged race. I used really flimsy ties, apparently. They started out tied together...


They snapped fairly quickly...


And then I had to run away because they were coming for me!


The pinata was blasted from it's hanger with the first hit by Nathan.


So we set it up on the tarp and it only took two more hits til it was destroyed.




The cake was a huge hit. And very easy and fun to make!






They ended with a water balloon fight with the leftover balloons.


Then I bribed them to pick up the water balloon pieces. 4 of them took the bribe. The nice thing about the popcorn was animals came and ate it during the night. Easy clean up for me!

The most nerve wracking thing was the trampoline. I don't like being liable for other people's kids. Luckily only one kid fell off and it was one of mine (Aria). She's fine and I don't have to worry about someone suing me, lol.

Just one more big activity and that's the baptism and BBQ following (which you're all invited to, btw).

7 comments:

Sorensen said...

That looks like so much fun! Zoe is having a similar b-day Olympic water games. Our problem is our tiny front yard. Great idea for the cake! When is Nathan being baptized? Zoe's is July 11th.

Washington Hills said...

Love it! Love it!

EternaLeppert said...

Very cool cake! How'd you make it? Is it really a cake in there under all of the sugar?? :)

Misty said...

Mauvia, Nathan's baptism is also July 11th. :)

Rhiannon, it's a cake mix baked in 2 circle pans. I put a layer of frosting between them and frosted the whole outside. Then stick the kit kats around the edge and m&m's on top. The ribbon helps hold the kit kats on. Easy as cake! ;)

rebeccaV said...

Looks like a fun party!! The pics turned out great even though you didn't have much time :)

Jon and Maryanne said...

So awesome!!!!! You're such a good Mom!!!! :)

Linda said...

Looked like they had a blast! You could tell by all the big smiles!
How fun for them and exhausting for you. lol I remember......