Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Happy Valentines Day!

So, I'm a little obsessive with photography. I tend to see the world as I would through a camera lens. I go to sleep at night thinking about images and things I want to try. When I get an idea, I have to try it ASAP. With all the white snow hanging around lately, and valentines day coming up, I had this idea. I heard it was going to start melting, so last Wednesday I ran out and bought some roses (overpriced since it's February) so I could get the contrast of them on the pretty snow before it turned gross and brown and slushy. (which is what it is now).

This was what I ended up with. I was watching Mae that day, so she got in on the action. Nathan wasn't interested. Aria and Gabe were a little upset with me. Apparently the snow is COLD and WET. Who knew? But look at the pictures! I'm pleased with how they turned out. Sometimes my ideas flop big time (the delete button is my friend), but sometimes they're quite nice!





3 comments:

The Mac Attack said...

So cute. I must say my favorite one is the one of Aria. YOur pics are amazing. And Im the same way when it comes to doing hair and my outfits for work, thaought out and they have to happen right then and I obsess about it until it does.

Lei said...

I especially love the one with Aria. Beautiful! Thanks so much for your advice. I really appreciate it and will continue to seek it out!

Lara said...

Very cool! Thanks so much for the photography classes. I'm probably going to have to hire you out as my personal photography trainer as I am still pretty clueless with what to do. But thanks to your classes I now know that there is so much more to photography that I didn't even know there was to know!!!