Saturday, October 17, 2009

no color. no fun.

We're having super schizo weather this fall and it's no fun for a photographer.

In case you were wondering.

It's bouncing between freezing and quite warm and it's freaking the trees out apparently. I have a weeping cherry outside the window by my favorite reading chair. In the spring it's pretty with pink flowers and in the fall it's pretty with yellow leaves. Except not this fall. This fall the green leaves are just shriveling up into icky brown and blackness and dying WITHOUT CHANGING COLOR.

I keep doing all these shoots and all the pretty fall colors are not there.

And I don't like it. Not one bit.

4 comments:

Lee said...

Come here, you can get it here. I must say the colors are brilliant right now. Maybe a redeeming quality about Indiana.

Stinebaugh Family said...

I completely agree with you!! I miss the vibrant fall!

Teresa and Ben said...

We have the same weather here in Billings. We lost a few branches from the snow because non of the leaves had fallen off yet. Now our yard is covered with leaves and we never enjoyed the pretty colors!

Washington Hills said...

I've noticed that! Bummer! I was hoping for a family picture this year...sigh, maybe next...