Saturday, October 17, 2009

The naughty word discussion

*disclaimer* There will be mild swearing in this post.

The other day Aria was rhyming in a sing song voice. "mitchin, litchin, ditchin, bitchin, mitchen, litchin, ditchin, bitchin." So, I mentioned to her that bitch is not a nice word and people use it to be mean to other people and she probably shouldn't say it.

Fast forward to today. Nathan said "Mom, what does faggot mean?" Dave said it means a bundle of sticks and I said that sometimes people take normal words and twist the meaning so it becomes a bad word and that faggot is a mean name to call people.

I told him it was just like when Aria said bitch and that it actually means a female dog, but that people use it in a mean way now. Which then ensued this discussion between Nathan and Aria and I dissolved into laughter.

Aria: But I didn't say bitch, I said ditch!
Nathan: Nuh-uh, it sounded like you said bitch.
Aria: No Nathan, I didn't say bitch!

I could see this going on indefinitely, with bitch being said in every sentence out of my sweet kids mouths, so I stopped them at this point. Then I laughed.

4 comments:

Rach said...

haha I laughed so hard when I read this. I can see them having a real discusion about cuss words.

moxie mama said...

:) ROFL

oh btw nathan was asking me about words he read on a rock at aria's soccor game but none of them sounded real to me and then he said there was 1 with an F but it was crossed out so he couldn't read it...

Linda said...

Oh my:) I did chuckle hehe.

Ja'Nette Spencer said...

HILARIOUS... :) In a naughty way. :) My mom always tells the story of when I was learning how to say the word "fork"... but couldn't quite pronounce the "r" :) Kids will be kids.