Monday, October 26, 2009

Halloween treats!

Gabe and I had some fun today. We've gotten goodies from the "Family Night Phantom" every monday this month and I wanted to do something fun when we went out to ding dong ditch people. So I thought to myself...who better than the queen of goodies? And I went to Bakerella's blog to find out how to make Cake Pops!

It was so fun that I think I'm going to do another batch for teachers and such on Thursday or Friday.



Scary ghosties. (I love the little guy in the upper left that's looking the wrong way). My edible pens that I bought did NOT work. Luckily I had some black gel frosting hanging around. It only worked for the ghosts though. The poor pumpkins had to be faceless.



I had Gabe dip apple bites into the leftover melted candy. (this whole project took several trips to several stores. I'm severely lacking in kitchen stuff...mostly because I rarely do things like this)



Happy kiddos!





Finished product. Got the little glass "bags" at the dollar tree.

7 comments:

The Wynn Family said...

I am impressed! They are darling. What more could you want cute and tasty!

Heidi said...

I've been wanting to try those cake pops. I'm just never organized enough to do anything like that. Good Job! They turned out so cute.

moxie mama said...

hmm, i'm sitting here in disbelief :) very cute and impressive!

Bonnie Bell Anderson said...

I'm going to try it. The cake is cooling now. So, I assume for the ghosts you just pour the melted stuff on so it drips down? And the pumpkins, do you just keep spinning until it stops dripping and is pretty round?

Misty said...

Bonnie I dipped and tapped and spun on both the pumpkins and ghosts. No difference.

Teresa Kauer said...

Amazing treats!! Looks like fun.

Stinebaugh Family said...

That is why you need to have a Pampered Chef show!! To increase your kitchen products. Makes cooking easier!:) Just kidding I love how they turned out.