Monday, July 27, 2009

Did you know? Audiobooks are magic.

It's true. I've been sick for almost a week. I don't know what I had but it was bad enough that I almost went to the doctor, but then it finally took a turn for the better. So I haven't really left the house in days but as long as I took tylonol or motrin I could function okay.

So I had a lot of time on my hands since I wasn't going anywhere and I was getting awfully bored.

Enter Audiobooks.

I've listened to them before, but usually only when I'm driving or exercising. So I didn't completely understand them yet. Their true function is to distract you so you can actually get things done!

You see, I'm the sort that can't fold laundry unless I'm watching TV at the same time. I hate to do mundane chores with only myself for company. Being entertained makes all the difference.

So, I turned on Eclipse and started doing things. Now, my room is clean, organized, and rearranged in a very zen manner. My kitchen is clean and has stayed that way. The playroom, kids rooms, bathrooms, etc are all clean. I'm caught up on laundry. I revamped our budget. I organized all my baby girl clothes to sell on Craigslist and listed them. I actually made a real dinner. I proofed 4 photoshoots which means I'm completely caught up with those.

See? Magic!

3 comments:

Linda said...

Wow! Cool. I'm assuming you are listening to it from your cool new i phone:)
Huh I wonder if that would have worked for you guys as kids?????
Better late than never lol. XOXO

Unknown said...

I really love audiobooks and my kids do too. I prefer to hear something while doing boring stuff too. So it helps.
I'll send you a link to the free audio books read by people all over the world. mostly classics.
I just laugh every time i listen to "A Mid Summer Nights Dream". FUN!

Kandace Welch said...

congratulations!