Saturday, July 11, 2009

Baptism Day!



My baby was baptized today. I'm having a hard time coming up with the words to say. Maybe there aren't any.

It was....momentous.

Apparently the water was cold but right after they got out Nathan said he felt warm already.

I just love that kid so much. He has this quiet strength that radiates from him.

But at the same time, he's delightfully goofy.

I'll just get to the pictures. I communicate better with those anyway.

Nathan and Dave.




Then it was my turn and he starts rolling his eyes. lol




Our area does stake baptisms, so there were 4 kids from 4 different wards getting baptized today. A very cool thing was that Nathan and Aria's good friend Jackie was getting baptized today too. I couldn't believe I didn't get a picture of her and Nathan together. (Kristi, did you?) We got permission to have our two wards go into the baptismal area together instead of separately like they usually do. It was awesome to be able to share the day with such close friends!

Nathan's Grandpa and Great Grandpa were his witnesses. They, along with Nathan's primary teacher and my cousin's husband and the Bishop from our old ward stood in the circle while Dave confirmed him.




The family that came.


We had a BBQ following the baptism. Check out Dave's stylin' threads...


2 comments:

Washington Hills said...

I love your term "delightfully goofy." The perfect little boy then!

Congrats!

Jon and Maryanne said...

We were so happy to be there and the bbq was fun! Thanks! :)