Sunday, March 08, 2009

Through the Viewfinder

Remember when I learned fake TtV? I've been intrigued by real TtV ever since then, but I didn't have an old Twin Lens camera to use for the effect.

Then my friend (she collects antiques) wanted to sell one, so I snatched it up. :)

I now have this little set up to take pictures with. What I'm doing is taking a digital picture with my camera, but pointing it at the old camera so I'm shooting through it's viewfinder which is pointed at my subject.



That's a kodak duaflex (circa 1950's) on the bottom, a cardboard/duct tape contraption fitted over it's viewfinder to block the light and my camera shoots through the top.

And this is what happens.

This is the first shot I took this way. That's my new porch decoration. It's much nicer to look at than all the icky snow.



But then, THEN, I took it to a wedding. And I will likely carry it with me at all times now. I love it that much. Not for all the pictures, mind you, just the ones that call for it. :)

Because look!





*swoon*

7 comments:

Jennica said...

that is awesome! Your talent amazes me and I am always in love with your work.

Dave said...

Great composition, great lighting, perfect balance, simply stunning!

You are a wonderful photographer Misty and I feel so blessed to have you as my wife.

(too bad you couldn't have shot our wedding)

Meemer said...

that really does look beautiful!

Hilary said...

I absolutely LOVE the look it gives you! I'm glad you were able to pick it up to add to your collection for a great twist to your already wonderful art.

Jon and Maryanne said...

Sweet! I love the way the pictures turn out! :)

Kandace Welch said...

Those are beautiful! I love it!

Love, Deborah said...

Meemer sent me the link to you blog and I have to say that is so very cool and I might totally have to steal this idea!! I have a camera like that and have kinda done something similar but your process is so much easier!!! I love the idea for using it for weddings!!! Awesome work!