Wednesday, March 07, 2007

That was a joke

So, uh...just because 10 years ago, I played flute in the pit orchestra for Bye Bye Birdie, and I was good, DOES NOT MEAN that now I could pick up the music and play it again.

In case you were wondering.

Cause I just went to the first practice for a stake production of Bye, Bye, Birdie and I played maybe 1/8 of the notes. lol. Looks like I'll be practicing a lot the next 6 weeks!

PS...Thanks to my wonderful friend Traci, who agreed to pick her clarinet back up after 10 years and join me in the pit. Love ya!

This oughtta be, uh, fun.

5 comments:

Lara said...

Great attitude!!! That is pretty brave. Good luck!!!! I'll have to come and watch and listen now.

Anonymous said...

Well at least you are sitting next to someone who can play! It is going to be fun...I think we just need to sit back and enjoy the ride.

What are friends for if not to share embarrasing moments with! :-)You know I have nothing but love for ya!

Onica said...

Oh, I need to do the same. My clarinet is sitting. Unusused. Under my bed.

Pretty sure it needs to get in the shop first though.

GOOD LUCK, YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Anonymous said...

I think it's great that all those years of paying for your lessons for flute AND piano along with the band that you are still using your talents that God gave you and we paid for. LOL Good luck. I know you can do it.

Love ya. :)

Meemer said...

I think it is cool that you are doing it!