Tuesday, March 27, 2007

bff's

I got to spend the weekend with my best friend's from High School. We were inseperable then, and for the year after HS when we lived together while we went to the local community college. After that year, as we figured out our lives, we went our seperate ways.

This is us at baccalaureate in 1997.


We stayed in contact through email and occasional visits and this last weekend all three of us got together for the first time in about 7.5 years.

We had a great time! It was like no time had passed at all. Anna commented that it was like she's always known my kids (even though she met them all for the first time on Friday).

We hung out downtown. Did some browsing, then went over to the carousel for a ride. I had Gabe with me and he's never ridden the carousel before.

All of us.


Anna


Traci


Gabe sitting in front of me.


Gabe had so much fun that after we got off he was really sad. He tried his darndest to get back through the gate.





Then when I finally thwarted his hard work, he was a little upset.


Traci, Anna and I spent the evening (after getting the kids in bed and leaving them with their dads) at this really cool jazz club downtown. I can't wait to go back. Good music, good food, very cool atmosphere.

Traci got a picture there, I'll post it after she emails it to me.

The next day we just hung out and talked until Anna had to go home. Now that we're all in the Pacific Northwest again, hopefully we can do this more often!

Love you, girls!

3 comments:

Lee said...

HOW FUN! that is awesome.

Anonymous said...

I had the BEST weekend ever! I can't wait to do it again...and I especially can't wait to see Kevin and Dave during Salsa lessons :)

I'll get that pic emailed to you soon.

Love ya!

Lara said...

Best friends forever are the best - glad you were finally able to get together with them again.