Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Our CA adventure - part 2


For some reason, lately when I've traveled to a temple to take pictures of it, it's been during the 2 weeks that it's closed and cleaning and maintenance is being done.

For this reason, I end up with unfortunate eye sores in my photos like you see to the left. The grass or flowers or whatever is usually in front of the temple is plain old dirt.

So, I had to come up with some creative workarounds to get decent pictures of the San Diego temple, which is one of my favorites.

This is what I came up with. Not too bad, in my opinion.

Thoughts?

Incidentally, we also went to visit the Mormon Battallion Visitors Center. They were showing the new Joseph Smith movie. It was quite good! I caught some interesting things that were referred to in a book I just finished reading. (Mormon Enigma: Emma Hale Smith)








4 comments:

emlouisa said...

Beautiful! I like the creative shots!

Darci said...

Oh my favorite one is the black and white one. Hey if I paid would you be able to get me a 8x10 one and I would love to put it in my home. That is my 2nd favorite temple. My fav is the Washington DC one.
Great pics.

Millie said...

I like the 3rd and 4th ones best. They're purty.

A former elementary school teacher of mine loves to travel and take pictures of temples, even though he's not a member. He has a website and everything.

My favorite (like I'll ever get there) is the Hong Kong temple - there's just something about a perfectly lit-up square temple on a busy city street. I think it's way cool.

Meemer said...

I love the pictures. we tried and tried to get a nice shot of the nauvoo temple on our "vacation" but could never get one without people in. Dang tourists!