Friday, July 14, 2006

Fun and...uh...not so fun (part 4...it was a long trip, there are lots of parts)

I forgot how much I love the beach! For the last few years I've even insisted that I hate the beach, but mostly because babies and the beach make for a big mess. But now that 2 of my three kids are bigger and can play without eating sand, it was much more fun! I even took Nathan and Aria boogie boarding. And Gabe...well, he ate the sand.






Theeeen, the not so fun part. Have I ever mentioned that I don't like the zoo? I mean, the first couple times I went weren't so bad. But there are only so many times that I can spend hours and hours walking around looking at animals in cages. Especially when they're things like deer. Not so interesting when I grew up with them in my back yard.







So, we went to the San Diego Zoo. Translation = really really big zoo with lots of hills and lots of concrete and lots of animals far away from each other and incredibly overpriced drinks. We were there for an hour and we saw like 2 animals. That's when we decided to stop pushing the double stroller around and ride the bus. The coolest things were that cute bear and the bamboo.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Glad you had fun! Though I really think your next trip should be to Northern California, and heck-you can stay with me! LOL!!

Jenn said...

LOL! So cute. And my baby ate the sand at the beach too, LOL!