Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Poor Gabe, surrounded by girls.

My husband has a large family so my kids have a lot of cousins to play with. But poor Gabe is the loan boy in a sea of girls. Just older than him are 3 girls. 2 of Dave's sisters and 1 sister in law all had girls a few months apart from each other. Then Gabe came. Following Gabe, 2 more girls were born.

Now my sisters are pregnant and providing some cousins on my side of the family. Rachel is having a girl in October. That left April as Gabe's only chance for a boy cousin. Today was her ultra sound. It's a girl. Little Emma Jean will be coming in December.

Now it's down to his second cousins. I do have 1 cousin who has a boy close to Gabe's age. They got to know each other at the family reunion last weekend. I have 2 other cousins that are currently pregnant...I'm crossing my fingers for more boys!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

In case anyone wants to know my baby girls name is Mae Ann, Misty forgot to put that in there. And thanks for writing another blog I was getting bored with your last blog cause it took 2 weeks for a new one not that nathens lost tooth is not important.

Shelah said...

Good luck with that :)

Kandace Welch said...

My little girl's lucky. She has one cousin and 3 second cousins that are all girls within 3 months of her! Lots of girls born in 2006 in my family. There were two boys, but they're at opposite ends of the calender while the girls are all in the middle. Poor boys. :)

Anonymous said...

Well, maybe that means that Gabe will be really in touch with his feminine side! :-)

Lei said...

Poor kid! Although, I am sure he's learning loads of valuable info about women. Lol.

Lara said...

Poor Gabe! At least he will know how to deal with girls/women when he is older.

Halle is the opposite - the only girl surrounded by boy cousins. She does have a few older girl cousins (all teenagers) who spoil her when they are around - but no one to play with at get togethers at Grandma's house.

Lee said...

Hey at least he will never *hate* girls like some boys do. He will probably be girl crazy forever. ha!